Nice try

I named this blog (Mostly) Stashless because I don't stash yarn, beyond a bit of sock yarn. If I'm going to buy a garment's worth of yarn, I should have an idea of what I want that garment to be before buying the materials.

Or so I thought. According to my Ravelry stash minder, I have 28 yarns stashed right now.

28.

That's hardly mostly stashless.

I thought the counter must be broken when I first saw the number. 28? Seriously? How could I have 28 yarns not turning into stuff here?

And then I remembered a couple of sales and specials that have popped up recently that brought a fair amount of yarn into my life. Like the Fleece Artist special that ran at Knitty-Noddy not that long ago. And the Black Friday Surprise Sale at Eat.Sleep.Knit.

Oh yeah. I didn't go hog wild with either one, but still. A fair amount of yarn has entered the premises within the past two months, and none of it has been knit up yet. Hmmm.

Oh, and I also got the idea in my head that I should try knitting myself a lightish robe to throw over little nighties in the summertime, and I ordered a rather large quantity - over 1800 yards - of yarn for that from Knit Picks. Hummmm.

No wonder Someone Else is starting to make noises about the yarn pile behind the bedroom door.

I mentioned this to a work colleague the other day, a work colleague who also knits.

Her reply?

Oh, you have to hide it.

Comments