Blocking

The Airy Lace Wrap Sweater (Rav link) for my sister is blocking upstairs. I don't have a blocking board, or suitable pins, so around these parts blocking means I soak the piece in water and then spread it out on my laundry drying rack as best I can.

Today was a first, though, because I actually used some scentless Soak in the sink to try and give the sweater a bit of a wash. In all honesty, since the vast majority of what I knit is socks, which end up getting tossed in the machines for washing and drying, I've only ever blocked three things in my life.

We shall see how this venture turns out. I should have taken a pre-blocking picture of the crumpled heap of knitted fabric that was the sweater. I thought about it, but just couldn't bring myself to document the thing in that state. Now that it can't be done anymore, I regret it. Oh well.

Comments