K'done: Anastasia Socks

Let there be dainty feet. 


Pattern: Anastasia Socks, by MintyFresh/PepperKnit Yarn: Noelle's Noodles 100% Merino Superwash Fingering Weight, in Juicy Needles: 2.75 mm / US 2 My first attempt at Anastasia Socks got botched - I did the decreases wrong on the first sock, so they leaned against the travelling eyelets, instead of with them. In the interest of having a symmetrically matched pair, I purposely did the same on the second sock. In the back of my mind, though, I knew I wanted to try this pattern again, with the correct orientation for the decreases. When this skein of sock yarn arrived, and weighed in quite light - around 80 g - I was nervous about trying out a new pattern, fearing I might end up with stubby ankle socks that would never be worn. Since this pattern doesn't involve cabling or lots and lots of lace, I figured it would be a good match. The colours also lend themselves well to stretches of stockinette - a busier pattern might have led to visual confusion. I made some fit improvements over the last pair too - made the foot a few rounds longer, and knit a longer section of plain stockinette at the back after the short row heel. I also knit the leg up higher - I've been thinking lately that taller socks might be a good thing. Overall, very happy.  Onward!

Comments