Crack that whip

I've been chugging along on a sweater for my sister the past little while - I've got a body, one sleeve, and a neckband. Why only one sleeve so far? Because after I finished the first sleeve, I somehow couldn't jump right into the second, so instead did the neckband. I nearly moved on to one of the front bands, too, but backed off when I realized I was zooming towards a scenario in which the only thing left to do on the sweater is the one sleeve, and the thing languishes as I fail to launch that sleeve.

What is it with sleeves? Especially sleeves knit in the round. That seems to consistently trip me up and delay my sweater gratification. It makes no sense. I like knitting. I like knitting in the round. These sleeves are mostly stockinette, which isn't a problem - I totally like knitting stockinette in the round.



See? Stockinette in the round. No aversion at all, there. See, I even started the second one:



Full disclosure: I actually cast on that second sock on Monday, it's a bit bigger now, firmly into the stockinette bit.

So why am I flinching away so hard from this sweater? Seriously, I flinched so hard it never occurred to me to take a picture of it for blog purposes. That's pretty bad.

I sort of wonder if it isn't a little colour fatigue kicking in. 2018 so far has had a fair bit of sister knitting in it, which is blue-heavy. Maybe I just need a little colour whiplash to shake it off.

I'm gonna try winding some not-blue yarn and see how I'm feeling after that.

Comments