I can't decide

I'm torn.

I want to start something new. The shawl for Mister's mother's birthday is done save the blocking (and possibly also the weaving in of ends - I can't remember and it's all the way upstairs), my sister's sweater cuffs have been lengthened as per her wishes. Sure, I started the second sock of another pair for her that I started before the self-striping extravaganza, and yeah there's another sweater for her around here that needs both of its sleeves, and a cardi for me that needs sleeves (I'm not super thrilled to see a pattern in that), but none of those seem right.

I want to start something new.

I've got a couple of skeins of sock yarn all wound up and ready to go. One is another batch of self-striping happiness, the other is a cushy-feeling MCN that I want to experiment with a bit - an idea for a sock design has been taking shape in my head. Trouble is - I can't pick one of these to start. I want to do both, but knitting is a two-handed activity, and I've only got two hands.

I thought maybe a new sweater might take the edge off the indecision. I snagged a copy of the ridge cardigan in a giveaway yesterday, and thought it would make a nice layering piece for me, sans buttons. I started sifting through my stash entries on Rav to pick a yarn for the project, and got nowhere fast - I have a few options available to me, but I just can't decide.

Maybe my sister will have more luck with making a decision? This happens a fair bit - whenever I get particularly flail-y about what I want to knit next, I just put the deciding power in her hands and make something for her. Makes her happy - she gets a new knitted thing. Makes me happy - I get to knit something good, and also it doesn't deplete my own stash. (Is it terrible that that matters to me?) I've wound up a couple of skeins of sweater yarn for her to look at.

Or maybe I'll dig out a different skein of sock yarn and have at it?

I just can't decide.

Comments