Sometimes

Yesterday, I was working a bit on a sock, and I was nearly at the point where I'll be starting in on the heel flap, and I looked at it, and something seemed off. It's a pattern I've knit before, very recently, and something didn't look right. The spacing between two elements seemed shorter than I remembered.

So I double-checked the chart, and it turns out that I went ahead and omitted a few rounds of the pattern. Whoops.

So this is what it looks like now.



That wouldn't bother me, except I have an appointment on Monday, and that means I'll be sitting in a waiting area for a good chunk of time, and I was planning on taking that there sock with me. All that loose, ripped out yarn presents a bit of a challenge for portability.

Apparently, though, I'm not so worried about it that I'm knitting away right now. So far today, I've put a large chunk of time - like two hours - into seaming up my latest sweater.

I don't mind seaming, really. But it's sort of demoralizingly slow. Is everyone this slow? Or do other folks get all the finishing on their pieced sweaters done in like half an hour, and I'm just mind-numbingly sloth-like? Anyway. In the two hours I've been at it, I've sewn a small seam where the neckline has an overlap, I've tacked the shoulders together - there were only like three stitches to deal with at each shoulder - and sewn the collar in place around the back neckline, and I've set in one sleeve. I've got the other sleeve left to set in, plus my sleeve seams, and my side seams, and a handful of ends to weave in - I've taken care of a few of them, but not all.

From what I've accomplished in two hours, I suspect it will take me another three or so to finish it up.

Is needing five hours for the finishing of a pieced sweater normal?

Maybe I don't want to know.

Comments