Friday, January 27, 2012

Promises, promises

Yup. So much for blogging more regularly.

But hey, it's only been, what, twelve days? It's still an improvement over my previous lapse.

And look, I've even got a piccy for you:



Okay, I didn't promise it was a good picture - that's what a spur-of-the-moment-after-dark picture looks like. Yes, the colour is a bit off - that's what happens when you use an iPhone in indoor lighting that isn't really set up for photography.

But hey! It's almost a complete sock! Unfortunately, you can't see the bit of neato cabling in that shot - I started to contort myself to get a shot of it, but quickly abandoned the idea. Posing for sock pictures is much easier when there aren't needles poking out of the work.

I'm really enjoying the yarn. It's A Tree Hugger's Wife Soft Sock that I picked up in Juneau last summer, and when I bought it, I had intended for it to become a shawlette or something that isn't socks, because it's a merino-cashmere-nylon blend. I was worried about cashmere content in a sock yarn - worried it might not hold up well as socks.

Clearly, though, I've had a change of heart. For one thing, I reasoned with myself that there's nylon content in this yarn, so that should help on the durability side of things. For another, I told myself that it was perfectly fine to just knit up a nice soft squishy treat for my feet.

I had so thoroughly convinced myself that I went ahead and, um, picked up a few more skeins of MCN blend yarn on a bit of a sale a few weeks ago - not more Tree Hugger's Wife, though, Have You Any Wool Luxe Sock. And I think those will be socks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment