Promises, promises

Yup. So much for blogging more regularly.

But hey, it's only been, what, twelve days? It's still an improvement over my previous lapse.

And look, I've even got a piccy for you:



Okay, I didn't promise it was a good picture - that's what a spur-of-the-moment-after-dark picture looks like. Yes, the colour is a bit off - that's what happens when you use an iPhone in indoor lighting that isn't really set up for photography.

But hey! It's almost a complete sock! Unfortunately, you can't see the bit of neato cabling in that shot - I started to contort myself to get a shot of it, but quickly abandoned the idea. Posing for sock pictures is much easier when there aren't needles poking out of the work.

I'm really enjoying the yarn. It's A Tree Hugger's Wife Soft Sock that I picked up in Juneau last summer, and when I bought it, I had intended for it to become a shawlette or something that isn't socks, because it's a merino-cashmere-nylon blend. I was worried about cashmere content in a sock yarn - worried it might not hold up well as socks.

Clearly, though, I've had a change of heart. For one thing, I reasoned with myself that there's nylon content in this yarn, so that should help on the durability side of things. For another, I told myself that it was perfectly fine to just knit up a nice soft squishy treat for my feet.

I had so thoroughly convinced myself that I went ahead and, um, picked up a few more skeins of MCN blend yarn on a bit of a sale a few weeks ago - not more Tree Hugger's Wife, though, Have You Any Wool Luxe Sock. And I think those will be socks too.

Comments