Saturday, February 26, 2011

Getting ready

The February SSP socks now look like this:



That's one complete sock that needs only the toe Kitchenered and the ends woven in, and a second sock that is about a third of the way into the foot. I expect that what's left of that second sock will be fairly quick, as the sole is stockinette - zoom! - and then the rounds get progressively shorter as I do the toe decreases - zoom zoom!

Given that today is 26 February, this makes me rather confident that these socks will be done within their allotted month. Back on track!

Which means I'm starting to think about March's socks. I've got the pattern picked out: Rainy Day Socks, adapted for fingering weight yarn and to be knit over 64 sts on 2.25 mm / US 1 needles. And by adapted, I mean that I know I want to knit the sock over 64 sts, and have done a bit of tweaking to the 6 stitch pattern repeat to make it work nicely over 8 sts instead - simply changing the k1 at each edge of the repeat to a k2, so the ribs between the lace columns will be a bit wider, that's all.

And I've selected the yarn:



This dark, purple yarn should be just about perfect - I find that dark yarns tend to obscure stitch patterns, so this simple lace and rib combo should turn out well with this yarn. I'll see about winding this up in the next couple of days - maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment