K'done: Coquille Shawl(ette)

The things I do for my sister.


Pattern: Coquille, by Mary Lou Egan Yarn: Fleece Artist Sea Wool, in Paris Needles: 4 mm / US 6 and 5.5 mm / US 9 My sister fell in love with this colourway while I was browsing the various Fleece Artist colours at Knitty Noddy. I was looking for sock yarn at the time, and there was none available in Paris in Merino 2/6, so none got ordered. Later, however, I noticed that some was available in the Sea Wool, and decided it would make a nice gift for her. I bought it, kept it hidden, then presented it to her for her 28th birthday this year, along with the suggestion that it could become a scarf or shawlette instead of socks. She liked that idea. It started out with a different pattern, but we didn't like the way the colours were working up, so that got ripped out, and then I saw Coquille in Knitty, and thought that might work. I showed the pictures to my sister, and she started to get excited. And thus the yarn became the shawlette you see today.


Though the colour repeats aren't the long ones in the recommended Mini Mochi, I think this turned out pretty well - sis is pleased, at any rate. I particularly enjoy the ruffly effect on the edge.

 

Comments