K'done: Hedera Socks

Lacy eyelets and twisted stitches. Yes, please.

 

Pattern: Hedera, by Cookie A Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Kettle Dyed, in Timber Needles: 2.75 mm / US 2 I knit these toe-up, and in doing so I ended up with upside down ivy in the lace. A proper reversal of the lace would require more rejiggering thought than I was willing to put in. I also knit these with a short row heel, instead of the flap heel the pattern calls for. While I am happy with the end result, I am also very happy to have these socks off the needles. I don't know what it was. Maybe the fact that the pattern has you go from a yarnover to a purl, and from a purl to a yarnover followed by knit stitches. I get wonkiness here - the eyelet hole from the yarnover immediately before the purl is larger than usual, and the eyelet hole from the yarnover immediately following the purl is smaller than usual. Probably it'll all block out once I wash these, and really, once the whole sock is done it looks fine, I think - but probably it just irked me a little. Every. Single. Time. So by the time I was done, I had a whole bunch of negative feelings gathered up in small increments. Oh well. Not sure if I'll ever knit another pair, but I still like the ones I got in the end. Onward!

Comments