Smokity smokes

My calendar says it's May now. How can that be?

Where did March and April go? Not that I want them back - there was a fair bit of work that was done in that time that I'd really rather not have to redo, thanks, but still. How is it already May?

So, yeah, hi there. What have I been up to lately, knit-wise? Not tons - see above comment about working, but it wasn't the crazy pile that I fought through last October/November/December, so I do have something to show for it, just no pictures just yet. Some pictures may never come to be. There was a pair of Mummy socks that are long gone to their owner now, and I'm not sure she'll let me do modeled shots with them. There was a scarf/shawl/wrap thingy for Sister, that is also gone to live with its owner now, and while she will let me take pictures of her wearing the thing, first she has to wear the thing on a day when she's here early enough that there's still some light - though that's been getting better, now that we're making our way to the summer solstice. I finally blocked a sweater I finished last year, so I should be able to do up a long overdue post about that soonish. I still need to take pictures of that hat I made in January - provided I can figure out where I stashed it. I'm pretty sure I know where it is. It's just been a while since I last wore it.

I've started another sweater for me, and another sweater for Sister - no big surprises there, and no, I haven't finished that other Sister sweater that still needs sleeves yet. I'll get there eventually. Maybe this summer will be it, so she can have it for the fall. We're getting to the point where a merino-cashmere blend pullover isn't super practical anymore, but it will be nice and cozy in a few months' time. Right?

Right?

Man. I can't believe it's already May.

Comments