Whoopsie doodle

So, sock season is nearly upon me, as the 2016 Tour de Sock bears down on me. I've registered, I've got all my materials - I think - and I've got a couple of things that I'd like to clear off the knitting docket before it becomes all sock racing almost all the time around here.

First up, my mum's Christmas socks. The first one's done:



The second one is well underway:



You can't really see it, but the gusset decreases don't match. I forgot to double check before I started them on the second, and I ended up swapping which side has the k2tog and which side has the ssk. I entertained the notion of pulling out the six rounds that I'd done before realizing what had happened, and even though part of me still says that I should do that because they're gift socks and should therefore be as perfect as I can make them, I'm pretty well decided now that I'm not going to. The mismatched decreases are staying, because I don't think Mum will notice them. Ever. I mean, yeah, she knits, and I can imagine her looking closely at the textured stitch, but I don't see her staring down the decreases with the two socks side by side.

Except. Now that I've typed that, it suddenly seems sort of possible.

I'm still not redoing it. Guess I'm playing the belligerent bad daughter card on this one.

Comments