K'done: Arch-Nemesis Socks

Boom!



Pattern: Arch-Nemesis, by Sarah Bordelon
Yarn: Invictus Yarns Unconquerable Sole, in Grey Flannel
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Rank: #76

Well. I actually finished these well before the cut-off (but not early enough to score more than minimum completion points) - way back on 15 July. So why has it taken me so long to blog them? Because I finished them, took my required pictures and emailed them off to the Tour Director, then tossed some clothes in a suitcase and made a dash for the airport to catch a flight...to London, UK. I then spent two weeks doing the tourist thing with my family, with little time for Internet access, never mind blogging my socks!

So. These socks. What do I remember about them?



I remember enjoying the knit. There's a bit of cabling, but most of the patterning is accomplished using lacework techniques - yo, k2tog, ssk, and the like. The architecture involves some arch-shaping, which I'd never done before, and I quite like the result - stockinette on a bias snugs the fabric around the foot up a fair bit. The yarn is a BFL/nylon 80/20 blend, and I enjoyed working with it, though in all honesty it's a tiny bit scritchier than the Invictus merino/nylon blends - I'm not sure my neck would tolerate a scarf or cowl worked out of it. Socks should be no problemo, though. I especially heart this colourway, though it may be a tiny bit too variegated and obscure the fancy work a bit. Or maybe it just doesn't photograph well. Or maybe me using my iPhone 4 camera for FO pics really isn't the way to go. Sigh.

Still, a successful Tour leg, and another pair to restock the sock drawer.

Comments