Then again maybe not

The GCKAL 2014 has been cancelled.

I sort of had an inkling this was coming - the designer mentioned in a discussion thread that she was having trouble finding a tech editor, and that her professional life was keeping her too busy to let her pursue her design work in a way that she actually enjoyed.

It's too bad, but I certainly don't hold any ill will against her - after all, designing is her hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be for our enjoyment. If she's found she would rather put her time to other pursuits, then that's what she should do.

Graciously, she has stated that the patterns created for the GCKAL 2014 will be made available in their current, un-tech edited versions for free, so that those who had intended to participate can still do so.

Honestly? A small part of me is a bit relieved. I took a peek at a calendar today, and whoa moly, there are only three weeks left in the semester before the final exam period. This is crunch time - for both me and my students! It's probably just as well that I'm not going to be feeling pressured to crank away on that when I should be doing other things related to my actual paying job.

Last night I finished the bindoff on a project that I'll show off once it's blocked. In the meantime, I feel the urge to start something new. I can clearly hear the siren call of a new sweater.

Maybe I should finish off one of these other projects first. Especially since four of the ongoing things here are sweaters.

Comments