Le Tour, c'est fini!

And I have six fab new pairs of socks to stuff into my drawer:



I placed beads in my knitting for the first time ever. I did actual stranded colourwork for the first time ever. I did intarsia for the first time ever. I did mosaic stitch for the first time ever. I worked a non-traditionally constructed sock for the first time ever.

I finished my first Tour de Sock well within the specified time frame - though one stage was a bit of a close call. My final position in the grand scheme of things is #42 (out of 257 who completed at least one stage in the Tour). Not too shabby - but I have lofty aspirations for next year. I'd like to be one of the first 20 finishers in at least one of the rounds.

Guess I better put in my practice time, to nudge my speed ever upward.

As for right this moment? I'm sort of wondering how to make my new socks fit into my drawer. It's gonna be a tight squeeze.

Comments