Defeated

I'm not gonna make it.

It's currently 5:40 PM, and I have about an inch of foot and the toe left to go.



Photobucket is being strange right now and not finalizing the light editing of my picture that I want. If it ever lets me have it, I'll post it here. Victory is mine!

This is not the result of cranking away both yesterday and today - it's the result of cranking away yesterday. I've added maybe ten rounds today.

So what happened? Work happened - something came up and I had to haul myself down to campus to meet with a student. After that, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some mussels for my sister's birthday dinner, and got caught in some really terrible traffic circumstances. The store I was at is a 20 - 25 minute drive from my house.

It took me 1 h 10 min to get home.

So, yeah, not so much with the knitting time.

And now, once I post this, I'll have to go into the kitchen to start scrubbing those mussels up so that they can be simmered in a red Thai curry and coconut milk sauce for dinner. With avocado slices and red pepper sticks. And maybe kale chips, if I have time.

I guess the socks will just be handed over without fanfare some other time.

On the plus side, I did finish reading the entire thesis yesterday.

Comments