Roundup on a Monday

Well.

In the past week, I did indeed finish off the foot of that second sock, but when I finally got to the point of being ready to kitchener the toe shut, what did I do? Did I actually do it, weave in the ends, and call it a complete pair of socks?

By this point you should have guessed the answer, since this is not a K'done post.

Nope - I snagged the three newly liberated DPNs, combined them with the two spares that were sitting and waiting in my needle case - I own two sets of 2.25 mm / US 1 DPNs, from Knit Picks, and each set comes with six needles, so even if I've got two socks on the go, there are two needles on reserve - and cast on for a new one, which I haven't got a picture of because my iPhone is my primary knitting photo device, and it's currently charging upstairs. Sorry - maybe next time.

I cast on that new sock on Saturday, while waiting in a line for tickets to the 2012 Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I didn't get very far with it though - my time in the line was shortened thanks to the activity of Someone Else, and we didn't stand in other lineups, which I didn't anticipate - I had thought that there might be one or two people we'd decide to line up for to get autographs or photos on a spur of the moment impulse, but I underestimated Someone Else's brother's aversion to lineups. I thought the pull of celebrities would overcome it. I was wrong.

Still, I indulged my inner geek and can now say that I have been within line of sight of LeVar Burton, Jim Cummings, James Marsters, John Noble, Katee Sackhoff, Brent Spiner, Tara Strong, Wil Wheaton, and Adam West. I may have seen Marina Sirtis, but I can't be sure because the woman I think may have been her had her back to me the whole time - talking to some guy standing kind of behind her at the right booth. I wish I had been able to see Adam Baldwin and Patrick Stewart - but alas, the crowds conspired against me, and I saw neither. Another time, perhaps.

Maybe tonight I'll do the final touches on that sock and have a finished pair to show off tomorrow.

Why haven't I done that today? Because I've been working on that stealth-project-with-a-deadline. It's chugging along decently, and I'm enjoying the process.

I still haven't finished up the neckline from my latest sweater - now I'm actually thinking of leaving the neckline alone, the folded collar is giving me pause. More thought is needed.

Good thing I have other projects to occupy my hands.

Comments