Indecision

With the wrap up of the Saints socks, I found myself with no socks on the needles, and no plan for what socks are next. This is something I haven't had in a very long time - the SSP had me line up several different patterns into a queue for the year, and while I haven't knit all of them up, I didn't recommit to the SSP this year in the same way. Sure, any socks I knit for myself I'm still tagging in Ravelry as SSP socks, since they are for me, but I haven't pledged to knit up a pair each month this year, so I'm not feeling as though I've got some obligation to knit up the three pair that were earmarked for October, November, and December of last year.

That being said, I had pulled two skeins of sock yarn out of the stash, and put both through the process of being halved and wound up. Both are from Yummy Yarn Studio, which I have discovered, much to my delight, is a local indie dye studio.

The close proximity of the gorgeousness may also be a dangerous thing. Only time will tell.

The first is a skein of 80/20 merino/nylon blend with a sparkly thread spun into it, dyed up into a beautiful semi-solid purply-pink shade that she has christened Blush. The second is a skein of 80/20 BFL/nylon blend, dyed up into a remarkably solid shade of deep, dusty rose, that she has named Pomegranate.

Both of these are new to me yarns, and I was very excited to knit up both of them. But which one to knit first?

I pondered that question as I wound the yarns. I picked out patterns for both. I hemmed and hawed over it as I plugged away more on my latest sweater adventure - haven't blocked any of the pieces yet, so no pictures yet, but soon, I promise - I'm getting to the point where it's going to be time to seam up soon! So yes, I've been using the sweater to distract myself somewhat from the sock question, because I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I simply couldn't decide which one should come first.

In the end, that indecision is winning in the most spectacular way possible, because last night, I cast on one sock, and today, I've cast on another.



Yup. Gives a whole new meaning to 2-at-a-time, no?

Comments