K'done: Francis Revisited, v. 2

Now this one I am totally fine with wearing to work.



Pattern: Francis Revisited, by Beth Silverstein
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Bulky, in Merlot Heather
Needles: 6 mm / US 10; 4.5 mm / US 7 for portion of cowl

A more subdued, work-appropriate sweater, unlike the first one I made with handpainted yarn that was rather more orange than I was expecting. I also bumped up the yarn weight, to be sure that there would be no sneak peeks through those stitches. I still like the pattern, though it wasn't quite as charming the second time around, which also means it took me longer to finish.

I did the sleeve bell increases every six rows this time, instead of every four rows - still didn't end up with full length sleeves, which I had sort of been hoping for. Oh well. I'm still happy with the sleeve length that I got in the end - in hindsight, longer sleeves might have made the torso look a bit cropped, I think it's balanced the way it is.



Hm? What's that? SSP socks for March?

I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean, March is already done?

Comments