K'done: Wildflower Socks

More catchup blogging of knits that were finished before September.

 

Pattern: Wildflower Socks, by Fawn Pea Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, in Earth (Potluck colourway) Needles: 2.75 mm / US 2 I really, really enjoyed knitting these socks. The little wildflower purls were fun, and after having two sock attempts go south on me, I really wanted to churn out a pair of socks, and these worked out nicely. While I do like the little wildflower purls, which turned out quite nicely in this colourway, I think, it has been suggested to me that rather than resembling little wee flowers, they resemble something decidedly less charming - Someone Else remarked that my new sock had warts. Most of the time, I don't see warts - but, every once in a while, with the right angle, I do. Which means that while I enjoyed knitting these, and am mostly enthralled with how they turned out, I'm not sure I'll make any more.


These socks also represent my first successful attempt at top-down sock construction, my first attempt at a picot cuff, and an attempt at a purled gusset worked in the round with the heel flap in the hopes of avoiding the need to pick up stitches after working the flap - I have a rather strong dislike of picking up stitches to form the gusset, and this is probably why I have until this point insisted somewhat stubbornly on knitting my socks toe up. My winging worked out, happily, but now I don't know what I like best for my socks. Now that winter's coming - truthfully, it feels as though it's already here in Alberta - I'm starting to feel some sock panic again. I need more socks! Too bad I still have a pretty bad sweater bug too. And less time to knit, since the new term has started up, which means more hours outside of the home, which means no easy access to my stuff, and also the return of that sense that I really shouldn't be knitting as I work on other things in my (shared) office. It's early in the term yet. We shall see how things go.

Comments