Thursday, May 20, 2010

K'done: Ruby Red, pulloverized

Just in time for summer, ha!



Pattern: Ruby Red, by Anna Mikuskova
Yarn: Fleece Artist Silk Merino (Knitty-Noddy special), in Ruby Red
Needles: 4 mm / US 6

I made a few modifications to this one, the most obvious one being I knit it as a pullover, rather than a cardigan. I also knit from the top down, rather than the bottom up, as I was worried about running out of yarn - which was totally justified, as in the end I had less than one gram leftover! I only used Lattice Pattern A, so the crosses at the neckline and sleeve hems matches the detail on the front and back - as written in the pattern, those should be set against a purl background. I also added in some waist shaping. And I lengthened the sleeves, making them with a slight bell, rather than the puff-into-a-cuff shape as written.

I really enjoyed making this, and I expect I will really enjoy wearing it - which might not be so far off in the distance, since this coming weekend is supposed to have some cooler temperatures to it. It pleases me to no end to see that all my little tweaks and changes worked out the way I thought they would, it makes me feel like I'm beginning to understand something about sweater construction. I could have made the neckline notch deeper, but it's not ridiculously modest either, and my light blocking technique seems to do nothing for the way the neckline is curling at the notch, but that's okay, because it doesn't look goofy or anything.



I'm pretty pleased. One more picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment