K'done: Ribbed Shrug

A great use for sweater leftovers. 


Pattern: Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug, by Stefanie Japel Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino in Cappuccino - I used roughly 1.5 skeins to make the smallest size Needles: 5 mm / US 8 I had about 2.5 skeins of this yarn leftover, so I decided to try this shrug pattern - I figured a shrug would be good for layering in a work-appropriate sort of way. I only used one yarn colour, and not the two the pattern suggests, because I was using up leftovers, and with a handpainted yarn, finding contrast colours that don't make the eyes bleed can be a bit vexing. I actually finished the shrug nearly a month ago - it knits up fairly quickly - but never got around to picture taking because I wasn't wearing it. I'm wearing it today though, and I like it - I will definitely keep this pattern in mind for future leftover usage.  


No view from the front, since there's hardly any front! I also suspect mine came out a bit shorter than intended - you know, row gauge, which I never bother to check on. Will I start? Well. I am happy with what I got in the end.

Comments