Sock ennui

Or something.

I've finished one of my Shur'tugal socks. I've got a decent start on the second, since I took the yarn and needles with me on a couple of little plane rides at the beginning of the month.

I enjoy the pattern, I really like the yarn - Tinsel Toes, by the Unique Sheep.

And yet, my mind strays to other projects.

I really think this has to do with the fact that I was sick with the flu and tried to work on it while sick - I totally have an aversion to this sock now, even though nothing about it really offends me.

Still, I want a wearable pair at the end. So I've imposed a limit on myself - I'm not going to cast on for anything new until this sock is done.

This would get things wrapped up a quick like, except that I've got a sweater on the needles. It's already on the go, so it's exempt from the no-new-casting-on deal. Oh, and should I start in on the three hats I'm planning to knit as Christmas gifts, that wouldn't count either.

This sock might be sticking around for a very long time.

Comments