Futility

I'm sitting here in front of the computer, trying to read a work-related document, and I find myself zoning out. I just can't do it.

Instead, my thoughts turn to socks. I finished a second sock on Friday, and haven't cast on a new one yet. I have one in mind, but I don't want to start it till my plane ride on Saturday, and I'm quite sure I won't be able to finish it up before then so that I can start on its mate on Saturday. I'm not sure why it's so important to me that the sock not be in progress when I go to clear security on Saturday - it's not as though I've never taken socks in progress through security before. Yet here I am, refusing to start.

Besides, I should really focus on getting lots of work done this week.

So I'm trying to read, and I'm having the worst time focusing on it.

Instead, I find myself cruising the patterns on Ravelry, looking for one that I think might work with the yarn I have in mind.

I think I found one, too. But my typical stitch count doesn't match up with the one in the pattern, and I like the fabric I get with fingering yarn on US 2s / 2.75 mms. Okay, not a big deal, I think - instead of getting exactly what the pattern picture shows, I'm going to end up with something that has a bit of irregularity to it.

I wonder if the work reading might go more smoothly if I work a few rounds of sock every now and then?

I've been accused recently of being addicted to knitting. I dismissed the notion at the time. But the way this morning is going, I fear there may be something to it.

Comments