Lost and found

In January, I lost one of my beloved Lantern Moon rosewood Sox Stix. It fell out of my handbag, and I thought it was gone forever.

Today, my brother found it on the floor of my office!

I now have a complete set again, which makes me happier than it should.

I am carefully choosing not to dwell on the fact that I have already ordered, paid for, and received a replacement set of ebony Sox Stix - I actually felt I should play it safe and bought two sets, because when I lost that rosewood one my sock knitting was forced to a complete standstill by the needle shortage. I am also carefully avoiding the fact that the reappearance of this needle doesn't exactly lead to a glowing review of the cleaning staff at the college I work at. It remained undisturbed on the floor for over a month! Oh, but I wasn't going to think about that.

I now have an empty set of sock needles. It would be bad for me to cast on a new sock and therefore have three different socks in progress, wouldn't it?

Comments